Sildanafil and Vardenafil tablet
What is this medicine?
This medicine is combination of VARDENAFIL and SILDENAFIL CITRATE goes to work for typical sexual problems. It’s belongs to a group of medicines which are used to treat difficulties in getting or keeping an erection (erectile dysfunction). It will only work when you are sexually stimulated. It reduces the action of the natural chemical in your body which makes erections go away. vardenafil allows an erection to last long enough for you to satisfactorily complete sexual activity.Each uncoated tablet contains : Vardenafil Monohydrochloride Trihydrate equivalent to Vardenafil 20mg, Sildenafil Citrate equivalent to Sildenafil 100mg.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Vardenafil, Sildenafil or any of the other ingredients of SILVITRA TABLET. Signs of an allergic reaction include a rash, itching, swollen face or lips and shortness of breath.
- If you are taking medicines containing nitrates, such as glycerol trinitrate for angina, or nitric oxide donors, such as amyl nitrite. Taking these medicines with SILVITRA TABLET could seriously affect your blood pressure.
- If you are taking ritonavir or indinavir, medicines for HIV.
- If you are over 75 years of age and are taking ketaconazole or itraconazole, anti-fungal medicines
- If you have a severe heart or liver problem
- If you are having kidney dialysis
- If you have recently had a stroke or heart attack
- If you have or have had low blood pressure
- If your family has a history of degenerative eye diseases (such as retinitis pigmentosa)
- If you have ever had a condition involving loss of vision due to damage to the optic nerve from insufficient blood supply known as non-arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy(NAION)
- If you have heart trouble. It may be risky for you to have sex
- If you suffer from irregular heart beat (cardiac arrythmia) or inherited heart diseases affecting your electrocardiogram
- If you have a physical condition affecting the shape of the penis. This includes conditions called angulation, Peyronieâs.
How should I use this medicine?
The SILVITRA TABLET tablet is administered orally to treat erectile dysfunction and impotency in men. Double Layer (Blue & Orange) uncoated round shaped tablets. One side of the tablet with a round shape has double cross lines and other side of tablet is plain packed in a pocket size blister strip of 10 (ten) tablets comes in Vardenafil 20mg and Slidenifal Citrate 100mg. For best results, take 1 tablet of SILVITRA TABLET at least 8 minutes if not one hour before the planned sexual intercourse. Do not consume more than 1 tablet in a day and always consult your doctor and pharmacist before beginning the course.Always check the patient information leaflet provided by your pharmacist with your supply and also each time you order refill, to ensure that you are fully aware about the efficacy and various contra indications of Vardenafil and Slidenafil Citrate. When in doubt or in need of clarification, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking your dose. Always take SILVITRA TABLET exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
How does the SILVITRA TABLET work so effectively?
By blocking a certain enzyme in the body named (phosphodiesterase-PDE5). As a result, sexual arousal results in rock hard, prolonged penile erection for peak sexual performance. The compound Vardenafil and Slidenafil in the tablet directs the flow of adequate blood to flow into the blood vessels in the penis to achieve perfect erection each time the tablet is consumed. It makes each cell of your body a virtual power pack and makes you feel actually strong. It increases your stamina for an enhanced sexual performance that leads to complete satisfaction for you and your partner rather you undergo a complete transformation from a situation when you could not enjoy even once to a stage of multiple orgasms.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
What may interact with this medicine?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- Nitrates, medicines for angina, or nitric oxide donors, such as amyl nitrite. Taking these medicines with Vardenafil could seriously affect your blood pressure.
- Medicine for the treatment of arrythmias, such as quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone or sotalol
- Ritonavir or indinavir, medicines for HIV. Talk to a doctor without taking SILVITRA TABLET
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole, anti-fungal medicines
- Erythromycin or clarithromycin, macrolide antibiotics
- Alpha-blockers, a type of medicine used to treat high blood pressure and enlargement of the prostate (as benign prostatic hyperplasia)
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain drugs for high blood pressure
- certain drugs for the treatment of HIV infection or AIDS
- certain drugs used for fungal or yeast infections, like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
- certain drugs used for seizures like carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital
- grapefruit juice
- macrolide antibiotics like clarithromycin, erythromycin, troleandomycin
- medicines for prostate problems
- rifabutin, rifampin or rifapentine
This list may not describe all possible interactions. Give your health care provider a list of all the medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. Also tell them if you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal drugs. Some items may interact with your medicine.
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
SILVITRA TABLET is for men of 18 years and over. It is not intended for use by women (especially while pregnancy and breast-feeding), children or men under 18. If you notice any changes in your vision while taking this drug, call your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible. Stop using this medicine and call your health care provider right away if you have a loss of sight in one or both eyes. Contact you doctor or health care professional right away if the erection lasts longer than 4 hours or if it becomes painful. This may be a sign of serious problem and must be treated right away to prevent permanent damage. If you experience symptoms of nausea, dizziness, chest pain or arm pain upon initiation of sexual activity after taking this medicine, you should refrain from further activity and call your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible. Do not drink alcohol to excess (examples, 5 glasses of wine or 5 shots of whiskey) when taking this medicine. When taken in excess, alcohol can increase your chances of getting a headache or getting dizzy, increasing your heart rate or lowering your blood pressure. Using this medicine does not protect you or your partner against HIV infection (the virus that causes AIDS) or other sexually transmitted diseases.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in hearing
- chest pain
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- changes in vision, blurred vision, trouble telling blue from green color
- men: prolonged or painful erection (lasting more than 4 hours)
- driving and using machines difficulties
- might make some people feel dizzy or affect their vision.
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- Immediately notify your doctor or any medical practitioner if suffering from dizziness, vertigo, flushing, hyperacidity & heartburn, stomach upsets, diarrhea, nasal stuffiness, drop in blood pressure and vision problems such as blurriness, light sensitivity, blue/green color vision discrimination loss etc.. These side effects are by no means comprehensive or cover other complications which may occur. Report any unusual condition to your doctor after taking this drug for an expert opinion.
- If your doctor has given his green signal for you to be put on this drug, he must have carefully weighed the benefits gained against the risk of side effects involved. So please do not indulge in self medication and consult your doctor. However most people hardly experience any side effects of this drug.
- Sexual intercourse puts a lot of strain on the heart. Those with heart condition while having sex, should immediately stop and report to the doctor, if nausea, dizziness, fainting and angina pain is observed.
- In a rare occurrence, if the patient after using the drug experiences painful and prolonged erection lasting 4 hours or more, he should immediately consult the doctor. Carelessness in this regard may result in permanent damage to the organ.
This list may not describe all possible side effects.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Do not use SILVITRA TABLET after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.